Inspired by the smooth dynamic shaping capabilities of some high-end reel-to-reel tape recorders, this plug-in simulates three of the most distinctive and much appreciated sonic effects generated by these devices:
- DYNAMICS – gently shaping the overall dynamic response
- SATURATION – adding extra harmonic-related content
- LIMITING – controlling peak performance
Functions at a glance:
- performs gentle audio dynamic treatments
- masters difficult to handle audio material
- adds extra harmonics and saturation effects
- controls outgoing audio peaks
- Win32 / VST compatible
- state-of-the-art digital signal processing
- 4x oversampled core algorithms
- performance-critical parts are written in assembler
- completely SSE-optimized
For more information, please refer to the manual.
FerricTDS is released within the KVR Developer Challenge 2009 and can be downloaded here.