NastyDLA mkII – A classic chorus echo device with tape-delay simulation
- classic chorus and echo effects
- authentic signal path coloration
- tape-delay style feedback and saturation
The mkII version of this plug-in is an overall technical redesign and features “stateful saturation” algorithms for an improved sound experience and changes several things under the hood. Basically, NastyDLA mkII remains feature wise the very same but introduces the input stage modelled by this new and exciting technology and also redesigns the tape compression algorithm for an improved IM distortion performance. In general, the distortion generation appears to be more analog like and the perception of width and depth has been improved significantly.
- The behaviour of the input stage has been changed. It acts output level compensated now and only is active if the SAT switch is engaged. It is modeled based upon a stateful saturation algorithm which sound wise turns in to a way better distortion performance as well as a more “3d” sound perception.
- The tape compressor has been improved for a better IM distortion performance and a less muddy sound.
- The level of noise which can be dialed in has been altered. The level itself is corrected and by moving the according knob to the left-most position the noise can be switched off.
The .dll name and the VST plug-in ID has been changed and so both, old and new version, can be used in parallel in any case. Nevertheless, the mkII version remains preset compatible with version 1.x so one can transfer presets between them in both directions.
NastyDLA mkII is a Windows x32 freeware release for VST compatible applications and you can grab your copy via the download page.