UI artwork and render done by Patrick.
I’m currently assembling all the UI components designed by Patrick for our brand new SlickHDR processor. Afterwards, a manual has to be written and the usual final polishing needs to be done: Include some presets, double-check and sort all parameter names and so on. The beta testing was already closed some time ago. To sum it up, a release seems to be possible in the not too far future.
ThrillseekerLA – digital stereo leveling amplifier with truly analog qualities.
At a glance
- Sophisticated and deep gain riding full of musical character and attitude but with virtually no inter-modulation (IM) distortion artifacts
- Feedback compression design w/o any samplerate based delay in the loop
- Classic input level driven two knob design with additional manual attack and release time interventions
- Highly program dependent envelope timing adoption offering attack times ranging from “instantaneously” up to around 100ms and release times from 30ms up to several seconds
- Mix level switch to adopt the plug-ins internal gain staging to mixing levels at around -18dBFS
- Custom SC filter option to attenuate the SC bass response while slightly boosting the HF spectrum
- Additional one pole (6dB per octave) SC low-cut filter adjustable from 20 to 500Hz
- External sidechain support
- Switchable Input/GR/Output metering display
- Variable compression range control from 0 to 100% [Read more…]
I’m bringing sexy back
The brand new and upcoming Variety of Sound Thrillseeker audio plug-ins series is going to be a plug-in collection premiering Stateful Saturation which is a sophisticated DSP core system for musical harmonic distortion generation based on authentic and truly stateful non-linear models.
Stateful Saturation takes advantage of some sought after analog qualities and preserves them accurately during their transfer right into the digital domain:
- high frequency shimmer and sheen without digital harshness
- depth and ‘3d’ imaging side effects before distortion itself becomes apparent
- audio transient dynamics that remains vibrant and alive
- natural and impressive bass response
Stateful Saturation opens the door for quite a number of amazing applications ranging from smooth harmonic exciters up to convincing amplifier effects and the DSP core can easily be set in context whether it’s a compressor output stage or a preamplifier circuit, just to name the two. [Read more…]
The upcoming NastyVCS virtual console strip VST plug-in will feature three pristine and complementary tools to shape the audio dynamics. This allows a vast variety of different dynamic treatments and here is a very first and brief overview: [Read more…]
After two days of Musikmesse in Frankfurt and tons of press releases – whats the cool (or not so cool) stuff to you?
To me the Elektron Octatrack catched my interest immediately and this might be some piece of hardware I will finally buy after quite some time. Though it states Q4 2010 which smells like a year or so. [Read more…]
While working on the Density overall re-design I was working extensively on the audio engine as well but just for one single reason: The one thing I was missing in the original design was to have some more “responsive” gain riding possibilities but without the usual tradeoff of introducing more distortion or compromising the transparency. And (unsurprisingly) that turned out to be not that easy.